VirtuePoker.com

Monday, March 31, 2008

Quick update

So it has been a while since my last blog. It has been hectic around the ol' Hampton house. My grandparents and Uncle Gregg came into town the day before Easter for a visit. It was nice having them out here. We cooked them dinner almost every night from our list of successful recipes. Good food, lots of wine, and good company. The only problem was our schedules are really different. They get up later in the day then us then eat lunch around 2 or 3 o'clock and we try to have dinner about 5:30 or 6:00 so that we can be done and cleaned up from dinner by 7 so we can get the kids ready for school the next day. Because of the different schedules, we were eating anywhere from 6:30-7:30. Oh well, it was nice having them out here for a while, but I am glad that things are back to normal now. Dad finally went off to work yesterday. It has been since mid January since he has worked. He got the flu which turned into bronchitus. You can't fly sick so he has been off since then. He flew out yesterday and won't be back until Saturday. So I am sitting in a quiet house.........the silence is great. Carrie Underwood is on the TV right now.....life is good.

I have been playing online a little bit in the last couple of weeks. I am trying to qualify for the WSOP main event on Full Tilt. They have these freerolls running constantly. If you win one of the .net sit n go's or place 1st or 2nd on the .com sit n go's you move on to round 2. If you place 1st or 2nd in one of the round 2's then you go to the finals. Once you get into the finals you have to place in the top 3 and you win a seat. A lot of work, but someone's going to win those seats, why not me?! The round 1 tourney's are funny. There is no play what so ever. That's why we call them donkaments. It is a turbo structure so the blinds go up really fast, so everyone tries to get a lot of chips early. They are also starting new tourney's every couple of minutes so if you get knocked out you can just go get into another one.

I have been working on the business plan for the personal chef business and that is going well. I have started the menu and have been testing new recipes, so that is moving forward pretty well. Not as fast as I would like it, but hopefully this week with the quiet house during the day I can get on a little faster pace. I have had a couple of people contact me about using my services once I am up and running so that is a positive motivation for me to get it done.

Other than that, everything is going well. I'll give an update later on in the week. Talk at ya'll later.

No comments: